If you're anything like me, some night you just don't feel like standing over a hot stove to prepare dinner. However, you have to feed the family and you coped out with sandwiches the night before. A few weeks ago I went on a search for fabulous crock pot meals. Yes, I too, LOVE crock pot meals. As a part of my search I am excited to say I found this Crock Pot Roasted Chicken via Jenn Bare at Get Crocked.
Crock Pot Roasted Chicken
What you'll need:
What to do:
- Mix all spices in a bowl
- Remove any giblets from inside the chicken
- Rinse chicken
- Rub spice mix all over chicken
- Place chicken in resealable bag & refrigerate over night (I never do because I forget the night before)
- Chopped onions will be placed in bottom of crock pot when you are ready to cook the chicken
- Place the chicken, no water, inside the crockpot (The chicken produces it's own juices)
- Cook on low for 4-8hrs but be sure to check after 4 hours (As the Crock Pot Girl recommends, I prefer to pick a chicken with a pop-up timer)
- Once chicken is done, place on plate with your favorite sides
I have prepared this chicken twice since finding the recipe. The family LOVES this chicken and better yet- there is always left over chicken for the next day!